Fishing License Information
A Coastal Recreational Fishing License is required to fish on the Outer Banks. Children under 16 are exempt. An individual does not need a license for charter boat and pier fishing, which are covered by a blanket license. Anglers should know the current marine fisheries regulations, including size and creel limits. For details about the citation program and/or current marine fisheries regulations, visit any Outer Banks bait and tackle shop or pier or call the North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries at 800-682-2632 (North Carolina only), 252-808-8081 or visit Division of Marine Fisheries website.
Annual Coastal Recreational Fishing License
- State Residents, age 16 or older - $15
- Non-Residents, age 16 or older - $30
10-day Coastal Recreational Fishing License
- State Residents, age 16 or older - $5
- Non-residents, age 16 or older - $10
Convenient ways to purchase a Coastal Recreational Fishing License
- Online at www.ncwildlife.org - (using your PC or Mobile Device)
- By telephone at 1-888-248-6834
- Locate a Wildlife Service Agent on the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission's Website
- Visit Division of Marine Fisheries Website
For further information about the Coastal Recreational Fishing License, including a list of locations that sells licenses, visit the Division of Marine Fisheries website.