CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
On this Website.
In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
the Organization offline, through social media platforms, or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Organization or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (a) use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, (b) register on the Website, (c) make any purchases through the Website, (d) use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or (e) provide any information about yourself to the Organization, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact the Organization as provided below.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Organization.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to the Organization. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by the Organization, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact the Organization.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- About your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Organization, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to the Organization, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from the Organization.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Organization, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want the Organization to use your information in this way, you can opt-out by sending the Organization an e-mail stating your request, as provided below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable the Organization to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Specifically, we use Google Analytics to measure and monitor usage trends of the OuterBanks.org website. We also use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics in order to periodically evaluate whether the content on the Website is well-matched to audiences actually using our Website and how to tailor and improve said content to appropriate user audiences if it can be improved through content changes and updates.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you specifically opt-in to such use.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the Organization when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Organization, our customers or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to the Organization. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want the Organization to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending the Organization an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Organization. If you do not want to have your contact information used by the Organization to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending the Organization an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send the Organization a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Organization as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want the Organization to use information that we collect or that you provide to the Organization to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending the Organization an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
You may also send the Organization an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail or call to the contact information below to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to the Organization. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Or by phone at: