Time: 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Join the Plastic Ocean Project and OBX 5 Minute Beach Cleanup in Nags Head this Earth Day, April 22nd, from 12-2pm for a beach cleanup and Hope Spot Hatteras awareness event. Bring your Hope Spot shirt (optional, see below), a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, and your friends and family to join in the fun!
Hope Spots are special places that are critical to the health of the ocean — Earth’s blue heart. Many hope spots are found in places that are vulnerable to human activities, including offshore drilling, overfishing AND plastic pollution.
This Earth Day, YOU can help protect these critical areas!
1. Organize a cleanup! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help or host a cleanup!
2. Donate! Help us raise funds to hold an offshore cleanup in Hope Spot: Hatteras or buy a Hope Spot Protector t-shirt. A portion of the proceeds goes to funding these cleanups!
3. Spread the word! Share on social media and share with friend and family. Help us recruit volunteers to help cleanup!
4. Join the fun! On Earth Day, participate in a cleanup near you and help protect our Hope Spots.
5. Learn more! Learn more about Hope Spot: Hatteras and other Hope Spots around the world.
BUY YOUR HOPE SPOT PROTECTER T-SHIRT IN TIME FOR EARTH DAY! (https://www.bonfire.com/hope-spot-cleanups-fundraiser/)